Friday, February 26, 2010

Bangladesh

Bangladesh is a country located next to India in the heart of what the British like to refer to as the "Sorry about that, chaps" region of south Asia. Bangladesh is similar to Sweden in that both of them are countries, but different in that it has a tropical climate and is full of poor people. The primary export is Bangladeshi people who are getting the hell out of Dodge. The national language is Bengali, which I thought was the name of a movie but it turned out I was thinking of "Fern Gully." My bad. The capital is Dhaka, a city of some seven million residents nicknamed (not making this up) "The Rickshaw Capital of the World." Wow guys, sounds great. I'm totally booking my plane ticket right now.

Rickshaws in Dhaka. They don't look like much but they get terrific gas mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment