Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Czech Republic

I've got kind of a bone to pick with the Czech Republic, an Eastern European nation located east of Germany and north of those people who talk like Peter Lorre from The Maltese Falcon. Look, I understand that the Czechs and the Slovaks are two separate peoples with two separate languages and so on and so forth, but I've still never forgiven either of them for splitting up before I ever had the chance to say "Czechoslovakia" without sounding like an idiot. It just rolls off the tongue, Czechoslovakia. You can't do that with most neighboring states. Franspain? Israelestine? The United States of Amexico? Hm. I actually kind of like that last one.

The capital, Prague, is full of lame old buildings that the Czechs are too lazy to tear down.

No comments:

Post a Comment